Starting Out Sampling

H

Htowns

Yo Sup, im new to the forums as you can c and well i got Fl 5, Acid Pro 5.0, SoundForge 7.0 and well i really been reading about how you guys sample. I dont own scatching turntables but i have a old skool one and some speakers. Im just wondering what are some good turn tables for me to playback and sample from and what else do i need. I have SOME vinyl so any tips. Thanks in advance!

humm... Ill have to try them then. But how do i transfer the samples or cuts i want to my comp? Is there another device i need. I have a soundcard with a line in input i think or output. whatever but how do i get it to my computer in a digital sound. Not with the crackling?

next time use the search function this question comes up weekly. either way plug ur table into a phono amp and then from ur amp into ur soundcard press play on ur table and record on ur computer and it will record it

since you have sound forge record into that program. Its a wave editing program you can chop your sample edit, eq, etc I use it all the time when i sample.

you wouldn't want to do scratching on an old belt driven TT though or you'll eventually ruin it.

that's what direct (or quarz) driven tt's are for ;)

Back