speeding up samples in FL Studio

dkelloway

Hi,

I'm new to all this. I tried the search function but it didn't give me the results I was looking for.

Ok so i'm tryign to recreate the "Dead Presidents" song by using Lonnie Smith's "A Garden of Peace"

Ok, so I believe I looped it correctly and the drums are ok, but how do I speed up the sample? I didn't drag it into FL slicer, I just dragged the loop right into it's own channel. So, what should I do?

thanks for your time,

Darrell

edit: does dragging into the playlist and shrinking the length work?

Last edited:
Click on the channel and use the channel pitch wheel, or right click on the Time wheel found under the Time stretching options and chose to stretch it to a certain number of bars, e.g. 1/2/4. You can also use the Pitch wheel under Time stretching options to change only the pitch and not the length of the sample.

Tried to attach a picture but I don't think I'm allowed or something, just said the filesize was exceeded no matter how small I made the pic.

da easiest way and way i use is to click the top left corner of the sample channel etect tempo then go down 2 da timeshift and timeshift it to the tempo the sample was found at then raise dat tempo by twenty and that pitches it perfect this workz perfect itz da method i alwayz use and it has proven great for me u can check for yaself 2 seee how it comes out at www.soundclick.com/dasdoldierproductionz

open your sample and a new slice chan. and you can tweek it even more idts been working great for me so far

madface said:
Click on the channel and use the channel pitch wheel, or right click on the Time wheel found under the Time stretching options and chose to stretch it to a certain number of bars, e.g. 1/2/4. You can also use the Pitch wheel under Time stretching options to change only the pitch and not the length of the sample.
That's what i do with fl studio 6. IS it the same with FL studio 7/?? i might upgrade soon and would like to know if time streaching is done the same way in fl 7. And also How do i time streach with reason. I just got it and I can't figure it out.

100%colombian said:
That's what i do with fl studio 6. IS it the same with FL studio 7/?? i might upgrade soon and would like to know if time streaching is done the same way in fl 7. And also How do i time streach with reason. I just got it and I can't figure it out.

Yeah, it's done the same way. Haven't tried Reason in a long time, but I think you either have to load your sample in Redrum and use the pitch/time controls there, or in one of the samplers (NNXT/NN19).

Back