So my cousin asked me for some drums....

If you were Dr. Dre or Nottz or have some seriously crack drums... sharing is caring, especially with family

I would say a buck for a buck. I mean if I was your cousin I would rather sit there erday with you and learn to make my own drums. Lazy way would just be to "jack" your drums and run with it. Remember YOU ARE YOUR SOUNDS AS A PRODUCER.

It's the value you put on it, like I wouldn't share samples with someone, but drums are fine to me.

I know there are drums kits people download online....and I recommended that initially. But I've never downloaded any of them and all of my drums are ripped from the records...so, he'll here a track, ask me how'd I get my drums like that and whatnaut then I'll tell em and then he'll ask for em. I think of it like, what if Diamond D GAVE Premo his drums, instead of showing him how to chop em....or what if Dilla GAVE Black Milk his drums? That kinda thing.

Those cats all shared drum sounds with each other.

Dude, it's family. There shouldn't be a question.
Maybe I am just an a hole but I would give my family member one fish dinner and then teach him how to fish just like anyone else. Handing your family member your sounds is not going to help him progress into his own. Besides once he has his own library you guys can always trade sounds here and there.

There's billions of drums out there. Sharing a few won't hurt. What I did when i gave some of my samples away is I put together a custom folder with dope HQ samples that I never used or I don't use often. We all have that folder that just sits there collecting digital dust.

Back