Smapling is new to me.

heumane, let me explain since no one else will.

You said slicex, so I can only assume fl studio. Before you start off with slicex you should try to learn fruity slicer. Fruity slicer is very similar and can solve your time/tempo problem.

Once slicer/slicex is open, set the stretching method to tonal. For your slices, you want to set it to a single beat (for mpc like chops - all the same length). Now the samples pitch and tempo will always match the drums no matter what the tempo is.

If you need anymore help just PM me. Obviously these people have other issues.:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto slicers are pretty wack IMO. Use your ears, its whats been said and what will always be said.

Auto slicers are pretty wack IMO. Use your ears, its whats been said and what will always be said.

What do you think the MPC does? Ofcourse you can do it manually, but it takes a LONG time. Besides, it's not the method or the machine, it's the result that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think the MPC does? Ofcourse you can do it manually, but it takes a LONG time. Besides, it's not the method or the machine, it's the result that matters.
only the newer mpcs have autochop. 2000xl and after and it only takes a while if u suck at chopping

Haha akplay was bein a baby back *****.

and @Xab: You can't just say this generation of beatmakers. I'm 17 and put in my work, its just some(most) people in my generation that are ****tards!! Haha

gotta agree with this 18 been learning the in an outs of fl for like 2 years finally making stuff i like

but to stay on topic have u ever tried laying yours drums down first?
do u use slicex with the FPC or Piano Roll ?
but yeah since your using fl abuse the tools avaliable turn on the tap tempo tone and set your bpm accordingly add the sample after the drums ( if u mess the timing up this way u didnt listen to sample all the way through and also slicex tells you the bpm of sample if you right click the title an hit auto detect

and im done now to sit back an watch ......

Last edited:
It really piss me off , seeing people asking for help and when they get help the they say it wasn't the help they expected , so what they do expect?... even they don't know.

i guess it was all lazyness.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

and i think i was trying too hard(to the point that i would get frustrated),i cant really explain it, instead of having fun with it.

it was but Im going to sound like a grumpy old man when I say this.

What is wrong with this generation of producers who can't even hold their own dicks to piss? Do I really need to tell you how to get a sample and drums to play at the same speed? I thought it was common sense. You guys have so many resources out there and then get mad when someone gives u a direct answer without telling you exactly how to do it. You said your sample is too fast and your drums are at the correct tempo what should I do? Hmmm heres a thought CHANGE THE SAMPLES TEMPO! Its not rocket science its kind of a stupid question. Im waiting for a producer to come here and say I have a turntable but I dont have vinyl how can I get some. SMH #facepalm

niccas be gettin mad n shyt for nuttin... just answer the fawkin question lame azz niccaz...

niccas be gettin mad n shyt for nuttin... just answer the fawkin question lame azz niccaz...
what is it with niggas saying its ok to do dumb shit. Aint nobody mad here but young niggas need to step effort game up. Also if u dont like the answer you get from us go get it else where.

Here is a tip... If you are using a sample and want a loop to match your tempo. Open edison... Open the sample.... highlight the part u want looped...then on the very right of edison is a button with and arrow and circle. Select it drag and drop it in the step sequencer. From there double click the tab in the step sequencer and a box should open with the wav in it.
Then you will see knobs and ish. Make sure ur tempo is at what u want. Then in the box right click time. if its a 4 bar loop select 4 bars. if its 2 bars select 2. try this see how it goes.

oh God.......................feeding their habit....

oh God.......................feeding their habit....

Damn you guys are weird! I never knew it was soooo wrong to ask for some advice and help. I bet all you guys are on here for the free samples,tracks and kits! Lame-o's...Be productive and help people out if u got the knowledge or be selfish pricks and dont do ish for anyone!

Damn you guys are weird! I never knew it was soooo wrong to ask for some advice and help. I bet all you guys are on here for the free samples,tracks and kits! Lame-o's...Be productive and help people out if u got the knowledge or be selfish pricks and dont do ish for anyone!
I am all for helping people but when people come back talking sh*t after you helped them its a problem

Back