Slump....I think?

ReamOO

Beats and Life
Well first off hello and second I know i been MIA lol, just been busy you know. Anyway here's my deal. I've been digging digging listening listening threw sooooooo many samples the last 2 weeks. And to be honest, I'm not feeling none of them. Like none of them stike me as exciting. So I just move on to the next but it's the same thing......loads loads of samples and still nothing. My deal is a sample has to touch me emotionally for me to like it (I know it sounds gay but its true). Like right when the song comes on if I dont feel it in the first 10-20 seconds its a rap. And I can't seem to break this cycle. Im listening to EVERYTHING soul, rock, jazz, world, movies, oldies, 80's.....you name it but still nothing. Any suggestions that can help me break this block so I can get back to doing what I do? Cause the funny thing is Im in the mood to make beats all the time but nothing sounds good....anyway sorry for the long post (most prolly wont read it but if u did thank u.)

Try actually listening and not just skimming through in search of a sample. You could have, and probably have missed plenty of breaks, sounds, stabs, melodies, etc. since you only give 20 seconds maximum of a chance.

Yea I can try that...but right now im looking for intros. Samples with good intros.

flipping something u dont want to flip will only make u better, and u will suprise urself with the end result if u can make it hot.

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. Since i am still kind of new to the game I used it as a opportunity to learn. I listened to lots of my favorite producers and just studied there chops and sounds in general. It helped me look for certain things in samples and eventually get me out of my slump.

Back