Slicex question

tytraxcs

how can you change the tempo of the sample with slicex? with Edison you can simply move the tempo up or down. if you do this with slicex the sample will be off beat. I'm assuming you have to time stretch it but how do you do this in slicex? I have everything chopped perfectly but I'd like the tempo to be faster.

I don't know Slicex but on Maschine I timestretch the sample before I chop it.
If I chop it first I then have to timestretch each chop individually which is just far to time consuming and means I lose my gameface.

Last edited:
there's a timestretcher in slicex that uses milliseconds. I like slicex lol I might use that again for studio one tbh it has a millisecond stretcher, something that should have been in every sampler imo.

yeah im also confused on that point...why doesnt slicex have the same analog like FL Slicer for time-scratching...i mean changing the tempo without changing the pitch...(becouse of that im using FL Slicer more)

Last edited:
again, slicex has a timestretcher that does exactly that but it gives you more control while fl slicer autochops and stretches.
wavepad also, the playlist in all daws also have this feature as well except maybe lmms.

again, slicex has a timestretcher that does exactly that but it gives you more control while fl slicer autochops and stretches.
wavepad also, the playlist in all daws also have this feature as well except maybe lmms.

well can you tell me exactly wheres that analog in Slicex? On the left top theres 3 of them...3rd is for changing the tempo...but it also change the pitch, witch is really annoying...

Does the wrench icon with the timestretch settings count or is this something completely different? what do you mean by analogue?
If you mean artifacts then that is actually entirely dependent on samplerate.

well timestrech settings (if you mean option where you can change the tempo by miliseconds, to be Pro transient ect) it doesnt count...

by analogs i meant this:

View image: slicex jea

sorry, there are 4, not 3..:D you see, last one, 4th, it will change the tempo but also the pitch..in slicer you dont have that problem..there are two seperate analogs, one is for tempo second is for pitch...:)

Ah, that master mixer fader for pitch and the, those lol. But outside of just stretching manually in the playlist or slicex, never used slicer when I used fl studio so I don't know, my used to go to samplers were slicex and edison.

Back