Show me some great Ableton Warp or Fl Timestretch Beats!

What it says. I use FL Studio. Not been really psyched about timestretching and sound quality. I just dont like the electro vibe extended timestretch gives a sample. (although it could work for some genres) It seems to work fine for fixing small timing corrections but as a major tool i'm not impressed. I know ableton warp function is a little easier to use than fl studio for stretching multiple parts of a sample. I know there are also different time stretching algorithms too.

So show me some great examples. Pro or yours doesn't matter. I'd like to see examples of this function used creatively without destroying sound quality.

Thanks!

Timestretching and pitching in fl are fine for me. I select my sample, use edison to set the bpm. I then drag the audio from edison into the pattern/audio sequencer (not step sequencer). This timestretches the sample to the bpm of the project. I then bounce the sample as a .wav to desktop then load it back into fl studio. This gives me a .wav of my sample at the correct bpm/pitch I want to chop it at it.

If you are slowing a sample right down, of course there are going to be issues with sound quality. Any program has to literally stretch the sample out, i'm not too sure about the science. Speeding most samples up are never a problem.

Pitching is also the same. Extreme changes in pitch sound way too 'unusual' however this sometime sounds good!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Back