separating one insrtument from a record

ive been havin trouble finding records with a horn plying all by itself, is there any way to pan the record to be able to get the horn without all the other insrtuments in the background?

anyone got a tutorial? There's a few songs and instrumentals I'd like to grab just one sound out of

its really hard to do. depends on the record you are sampling. i would try equing to get the sound by itself. i do that with my basses.

There's only a few ways this can be done - One way for example if the record your sampling is something like "Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth" where the guitar part is panned to one side where it's easily isolated you can take any good audio program cut the other channel and copy that good channel to replace the old one.

Another way is to get the master's (which isn't likely)

If those 2 fail you can always get a horn player to re-play that part - There are services online where you can get samples replayed.

Good luck fam!

Pan & EQ to try and isolate. Turn the stereo into 2 mono channels and see if you can isolate it further. But beyond those tools... keep trying or try to replay it/recreate it.

Back