Searching for samples in the Bargain Bin?

RzRbeats

Hello FP,yesterday I went to a cd/vinyl store and I had a low amount of money in my pocket so I tried searching in the Bargain Bin for albums I could sample,I got 3 cd's for 5 euros and I got some nice samples on these cd's,is it worth searching in a Bargain Bin for sampled or I should keep collecting money and searching for cd's in a regular price,are cheap cd's worth sampling? Thank you in advance!

well, the cheap ones are probably not so famous like the expensive ones, which is good, cuz you're looking for unfamous gems. so yeah, i'd definetely buy cheap CD's and 45's. If i like the cover, i'll take it, no matter which genre (except metal etc.) or artist.

Well,I search in the bargain bin and I am having a real hard time finding something that I like,I search for jazz/pop/soul/foreign music,etc. etc.,I alo got tricked by a cover of a cd which came up to be a metal album of an underground band,don't get me wrong,I like metal and I am a huge fan of extreme metal/grindcore,but when I come up with metal/punk cd's I get frustrated because it's very difficult to come up with a flip with these kind of songs,I don't mind the artist at all.

Bargain bins are always worth a try. Can´t speak for CDs that much but most of my CDs are some kind of Bargain finds. Eg I bought the Skull Snaps Album for approx 1 € as a CD in a local supermarket.

But maybe you should invest in a "cheap" turntable. Vinyl bargains can be found way more often and even if the record sucks by itself you will always find something to sample.

And if you are lucky you can find some real gems (eg I paid 3.50€ for my 1st press Milton Wright copy on Alston with "Keep It Up" on it, a friend of mine found a copy of Catch Up Vol.1 a few weeks ago on our local flea market for 1€).

That´s why it´s called "diggin". :)

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah,I also got a Bill Evans Trio cd for 3 €,Ι still haven't opened it,but I think I might find something that I like,as far as regarding a turntable,do you know a place to find a cheap one (>80€),thanks! Peace!

Back