Sampling and what have you

Patbophat

Just started to get into sampling, Anyone have any recommendations for artists bands that I should look into and listen too ?

70/80/90s Funk,Jazz,Pop ?

Or what are some artists samples you have chopped that you were happy with ?

hehe, people are real quiet about their samples for the most part, to me 70's is the best era for samples...funk,soul,soundtracks,progressive,rock whatever(i'm not sure what sound your going for). Since your starting out i assume your going to be simply taking a few bars and looping, not really chopping/mixing up so you'll want to find stuff you can easily mess with. Actually the best way to go about it is search in google for the original samples of artists you like...find those artists,and get some of their other work, find bands catergorised as similar etc....thats my advice for you to start out.

haha yeah I didnt think people would want to share there magic that they worked so hard to create. kk thanks for that man. Cheers ^^

lol asking for names of songs and artists to sample? good luck

I WILL give you some names of producers to study up on though:
Pete Rock, Dilla, Flying Lotus, DJ Premier, 9th wonder, exile, nujabes

Well my friend it is called "sampling" the beauty of "sampling" is that you can sample whatever you want. From music to dialogue you name it!

Back