Sampling w/ Reason and Recycle (Kong vs NNXT vs DrOctoRex)

everydaybeats

Hey everyone,

just wanted to see what everyones using in Reason to sample with.

I started with Kong because it looked like a MPC, but since getting Recycle a month or so ago, I've been using NNXT for samples to flip, and Dr OctoRex for drum breaks.

How are ya'll doing it?

havent tried nn xt for samples/ drums yet. when im not using ableton (using reason), i rock dr octo rex for samples and kong for drums. seems you can have more options for editing your drums on kong, nice for layering drums too. cos you can edit the drum wave so your layered drum hit doesnt phase. works for me!

I use both when I sample with Reason but these days I am using Live and Drum Racks or Giest. It makes things a lot easier. I have owned Reason and Recycle since 2003 and the workflow for sampling has not been updated at all with the exception adding the ability to sample actual audio at version 5. I like that in Live I can right click select slice to midi and tell it how many chops to make and it makes even chops across my keyboard and I can just go in and bang out rather than taking 10 minutes to chop a sample.

I use both when I sample with Reason but these days I am using Live and Drum Racks or Giest. It makes things a lot easier. I have owned Reason and Recycle since 2003 and the workflow for sampling has not been updated at all with the exception adding the ability to sample actual audio at version 5. I like that in Live I can right click select slice to midi and tell it how many chops to make and it makes even chops across my keyboard and I can just go in and bang out rather than taking 10 minutes to chop a sample.

exactly. i just go on to reason sometimes to switch up my workflow for fun. but sampling on ableton is just to good. its buttery as hell. slicing to midi in the snap of my fingers. and you can edit the waves more intricately too.

I sample with Reason (NNXT) & Recycle.. I did a video on youtube showing the process that I use. The vid is 5 years old but it's still a good resource. I'm at work now and can't put the youtube link up here but if you search for sirflex10 Sampling in Reason on yoututbe you should find it.

Kong for Drums. Rex for samples. Its been my workflow and works well

Back