Sampling Vocals To 4/4 Bars

mosthated_99

Ok maybe the title of this post is wrong please forgive

Im starting to sample from old songs and i had a question, I want to sample a chorus to use as a chorus on my song, however the original chorus is over 4/4 bars, (or the 4/4 bar style or whatever you call it), do you all normally use the time stretch to make it fit? and then just loop it?

The whole song itself is over the 4/4 style so should i just cut up the pieces and make them fit? It seems to work like this for me but i just want to know if thats the proper way to do it.

I dont know if im explaining myself right but any help is appreciated.

Peace 2 all.
AB

I dont think there is a proper way to do it .. It depends on the style of the beat, you could make it sound chopy by cutin it up or smothe by time stretching it.

I really think time-stretching is never used. (Time-stretching being where you use software to slow down the song, but the pitch ISN'T affected).

..so, assuming the song you're sampling and the song you're creating have the same tempo, you just chop parts and they should fit.

If they STILL don't fit, but you are 100% sure that both tempos are EXACTLY the same, then you have chopped your samples slightly to tight or to loose, and that creates the out-of-timeness. Chopping a sample in 'the right spot' is the real secret to sampling/sequencing in my opinion.

Back