sampling from vhs?.. please help me out.

D

DJ KooLKiD

sup everybody. i am planning to get an ensoniq eps soon. i am obviously getting a turntable also to sample from vinyl. but how do i go about sampling from vhs (lets say i want to sample voices or phrases from a movie i have on vhs)?... is it same as sampling from vinyl?...do i just hook up my vhs player to my mixer and then from my mixer sample what i want into the eps?

i am new to sampling, so i am not sure how the signal flow of it would go. can somebody please explain this to me?

would this also be the same if i wanted to sample from cd or any other recording medium for that matter?

thanks for the help guys!

so basically to sample anything from a recording medium (by recording medium i mean vhs, cd, vinyl, cassette etc.)... all i basically have to do is connect that recording medium (being a cd player, a cassette player, a vhs player, a turntable, etc.) to my mixer (which is most likely gonna be a used mackie 1604), and sample it into my ensoniq eps?

is that all it is to sampling?

if i am getting things mixed up, pleae help me understand.

thanks for all the help!

It works better if you have RCA outs on the TV instead of the VCR. The VCR fuzz noise is alot louder if hooked up throught the VCR.just a tip....

unless you are boostting the gain or adding eq on the mixer, you will get the best results by sampling from your external devices directly into your sampler

Back