sampling usin a VS-2000

krazyk

Money Over All
i need tips on how to sample on a roland vs-2000 or samplin all 2gether.....i want to sample da song misty rain........how much do u take out of it to sample

Well since the VS-2000 is a track recorder you are going to have to record the parts you want to sample. Its up to you on how you sample the song. Just pick out the parts you like. Its hard trying to tell someone how to sample b/c there is no one way.

peace!!

i mean like......wen i sample a part...do i play sumthin ova it and but the sample in the back?.........how do u sample things

Yea you can do that. Sample something and add things on top of it. But play around with the sample until you feel its got the vibe you want. Listen to tracks Kanye West has produced and listen to how he does his samples.

a really good way to understand it is listen to older cats like pete rock, primo, some new cats like mf doom and madlib
the tracks they do are usually (as far as sampling) really easy to understand how there built. as far as witha vs 2000. i've never done this (i have a 1680) but you should be able to put your sample down and set a loop point on it. then add what ever drums an stuff you want. but man thats rough. you should invest in a sampler/ drum machine if you can aford the vs2000 you should be able to get your self an mpc.

ohhhhhhh now were getting some where.
what i assume you ment DR 880 the drum machine right.
any way i dunno wich fantom you have.
but your gonna sample an loop the part you want. prolly about 8 beats (4 bars)
or 16 beats (8 bars) and lay your drums in that. you don't want them to overpoweing or else they won't lay in the cut right. this is the begining of sampling. also don't be afraid to chop the sample and play it out.

Back