sampling from records

M

mumbleB

how do you sample from records?
like the old school way or whatever
i always hear madlib saying all he uses is his 303 sampler and his records and thats about it.
i was jsut wondering how its done
itd be cool to jsut sit in a corner and work on them beats, sampling straight records

Sit on corner ? I hope thats a joke,you'd get robbed,beat up,and you have NO power yo plug your ish into !Just sample like usual get a mixer and this is it record player--mixer--sampler.I hop you live in a peaceful neighborhood while you talkin bout sitten on corners and ish.

Last edited:
^^^dont listen to this kid hes a newb too
He means the sp-303 its a basic hardware tool.And im pretty sure the old skool way is old skool equipment that samples at 12bit lol. jus look for mpc 3000 or 60II or the asr or somethin old lol you might get what u lookin 4

mumbleB said:
how do you sample from records?
like the old school way or whatever
i always hear madlib saying all he uses is his 303 sampler and his records and thats about it.
i was jsut wondering how its done
itd be cool to jsut sit in a corner and work on them beats, sampling straight records

also..its not gonna be "cool" right on the start, the beginning with sampling is a pain in the ass.

chilla2 said:
^^^dont listen to this kid hes a newb too
He means the sp-303 its a basic hardware tool.And im pretty sure the old skool way is old skool equipment that samples at 12bit lol. jus look for mpc 3000 or 60II or the asr or somethin old lol you might get what u lookin 4

not as new as you think I am...................I've been doin this music ish 3 years now,but I'm still learning.............

^^^sorry man but smart remarks dont add up when most of the threads u started are asking general newb questions

wrd im a fkn no0b, i gotta kno this too. i got my mk2's and i need to know whats good with the old school sampling!!!!

i think the old school way madlib is talking about is hiphop pre-million dollar equipment/pro tools.... but most of us on this site do it the "old school way"... i doubt if there are many millionairs on this site having people replay samples for them....

ok old school sampling is different from old school beatmakin ya feel if u really wanna learn old skool study it.I can jus tell ya old equipment that seems like crap compared to the newer stuff but you should learn whether you wanna sample like the 90's or make beats like the 90's

i think dude said sit in a corner not on tha corner! anyway youngin go old skool and sample vinyl or whateva u wanna sample. just study study and study some more. u can start out with a mpc1000 and you'd be fine. I aint samplin now but im bout to start as well just for some better drums. http://www.soundclick.com/thadrummerboi

Back