Sampling rap songs

KonstantSLH

I was listening to Reasonable doubt the other day and wondering what is the best way to add in chopped up vocals from another song to get that Primo, Pete Rock type sound? I use Fruity Loops and don't own turntables and would be interested to know how yall set up.

primo uses his turntables.
scratching and cutting.
no way in effin hell you can do that on FL.

sometimes, of you want to go to the moon - you'll have to use a spaceship. your car just won't cut it.

know what i mean??

theoneandonly said:
scratching and cutting.

sometimes, of you want to go to the moon - you'll have to use a spaceship. your car just won't cut it.

know what i mean??
lol....
ur killin me dude!!!

theoneandonly said:
scratching and cutting.

know what i mean??
yea and whats funny is hes tryin to use a Tricycle

check turntablelab.com in the turntables section and they mention one tt in particular,A Numark,I think which is 200$,but very good for its price and they even compare it to the 1200,pros and cons included.

Saying you cant do that in fruity loops is retarded. Absolutely, you can chop up vocals in fruity loops. You can chop up vocals in almost any program out there....

1. if the sample is the real song and not the acapella, try and match up the snares - i.e - make sure the snare in the original sample hits as the same time as the snare in your song.

for instance -

I have an old out of date version of fruity loops but Im doing it right now so I can explain it better -
I took the jay-z song "threat"
i sampled the line "put your boy in the box like david blaine"

now if you just want the sample to play with your beat, either stretch it or place it so the snares match up.

Or you could chop the sample like
"put" "your" "boy" "in" "the" "box"
(using a wave editor or a sampler)

now you can repeat words, re-arrange them to your liking. Also, since you dont have tables, you can download programs that "scratch" wav files to make it sound like you were using a pair of turntables.

If you need more info hit me up on this thing, but Im not really knowledgable on fruity loops so I might not be the best at explaining it to you. Play around with it and absolutely its possible. Your only limitation is your imagination - you can do anything with any program it doesnt matter at all. dont let people who dont know **** tell you cant do what you want with what you have - ill make a bangin ass beat with a ****in rock.

dont let people who dont know **** tell you cant do what you want with what you have -

Dude,although what you said makes sense,ur being disrespectful here.
Don't know ****??
Most of us who grew up on classic hiphop know that those samples are usually scratched and it's been this way for years.It's true that with technology,there's a lot that can be done.But just because some of us are "traditionalists" doesn't mean that we don't know s***
I really take exception to that,man

mista frieze said:
dont let people who dont know **** tell you cant do what you want with what you have -

Dude,although what you said makes sense,ur being disrespectful here.
Don't know ****??
Most of us who grew up on classic hiphop know that those samples are usually scratched and it's been this way for years.It's true that with technology,there's a lot that can be done.But just because some of us are "traditionalists" doesn't mean that we don't know s***
I really take exception to that,man
hahahhahahah @ gettin hurt feelings on the internet.

DJBlazeOne said:
Saying you cant do that in fruity loops is retarded. Absolutely, you can chop up vocals in fruity loops. You can chop up vocals in almost any program out there....

1. if the sample is the real song and not the acapella, try and match up the snares - i.e - make sure the snare in the original sample hits as the same time as the snare in your song.

for instance -

I have an old out of date version of fruity loops but Im doing it right now so I can explain it better -
I took the jay-z song "threat"
i sampled the line "put your boy in the box like david blaine"

now if you just want the sample to play with your beat, either stretch it or place it so the snares match up.

Or you could chop the sample like
"put" "your" "boy" "in" "the" "box"
(using a wave editor or a sampler)

now you can repeat words, re-arrange them to your liking. Also, since you dont have tables, you can download programs that "scratch" wav files to make it sound like you were using a pair of turntables.

If you need more info hit me up on this thing, but Im not really knowledgable on fruity loops so I might not be the best at explaining it to you. Play around with it and absolutely its possible. Your only limitation is your imagination - you can do anything with any program it doesnt matter at all. dont let people who dont know **** tell you cant do what you want with what you have - ill make a bangin ass beat with a ****in rock.
DJ BlazeOne just blazed one. Tight message preacha'.

Just get some decks man...you don't want to go the Swizz Beats route.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back