Sampling problem.

Authentics

Hey FP,

I got something that has been plaguing me the last few months, i'll be digging away through music of all kinds and from all different time periods.
i chop it up away on my MPD32 but i can't seem to make anything from what i use. the thing that nags me is that i am pretty capable of making a banging beat when i find the right sample, but i think maybe i'm sampling the wrong stuff sometimes? am i trying to hard? what are your thoughts? 1

You thinkin too much.. If you think you're samplin' the wrong sh!t then keep diggin til you find the 'right' one. When I'm lookin for samples it's never before I'm about to make a beat.. I download new music to sample and go through a majority & put ones I like, or ones I know I can come up with something, in a folder. So when it does come time to make a beat I can pick from a bunch of potential samples.

If a sample is not working for you, switch your usual approach. You can reverse your chops, filter them, chop it real small and played moreso like an instrument. Don't give up asap...if it still isn't hot, don't waste more time...move on before you lose that motivation.

Don't think, flip that shit. And make sure u allways show someone else your beats because some people use to understimate themself, and u seem to be that kind.

thanks guys, i've taken your advice and i appreciate that, i'll upload some beats soon and see what feedback i get.

Back