sampling my scratching

nickbrookewood

okay apologies if i have posted in the wrong area. i have been making beats for a while now, and have been scratching for a few years. my problem is how to put both together.

i am wondering if i want to sample my scratching then i can hook my mixer up to my pc, which is what i have done before, then i have to cut the individual cuts and then paste them into somekind of sequencing software. i am wondering should i get an mpc instead, would that help me?

or is it good enough to use software and run my mixer straight into the pc. can someone tell me how they do something like this? i know there must be a few different ways, but i have no idea how make sure for example that my scratching has the same bpms as my beat.

and if i have posted in the wrong place please tell me.

thanks

u dont need an mpc for such a basic task, and if u got one for just that ud be a fool with too much money and probably waste a lot of time as ud have to more or less input ure cuts in a sample style (i think) !!

get any recording software, i use garageband to record my cuts - i put the mixer out into my soundcard and press record, to keep yourstuff in time cue up your beat in garage band and scratch as if u are cutting to a record. you can record it all on any multitracker and a semi decent soundcard.

so yes go for software ...

okay cheers i will check that software out

actually seeing as i don't have a mac that software is out. could i use something like ableton live?

Last edited:
any tracking prgram should do the trick... If i'm not mistaken Ableton or one of Ableton's selling points is use of use for DJ's or dejaying... You shoul dbe able to record into it as well.

Back