Sampling MP3 Hiss Noise

Namkrow

Whats up yall, I'm having a hiss sound problem whenever I sample mp3's from my computer to my mpc. I know it has to be my computer that causes the noise but I want to know if there is anyway to fix it. I have the 1/8" cable running from my headphone jack to the back of my mpc's "record in" via two 1/8" adapters.Thanks for the help everyone PEACE

its called white noise ,im facing the same problem. one thing you can do is run a low pass filter minimally,but be careful not to compromise the sample itself,another thing you can do is switch off all other electrical appliances that are connected to the same power source as your mpc/laptop,switch off the wireless on your computer,and run the laptop on batteries as opposed to plugging it in,there are also specific cables that are designed for this problem,hope that helps

Could be the adapters you're using. Try to get rid of those.

When I first bought my monitors I was doing a similar thing...running a 1/8" to RCA (red/white) cord from my headphone out of the PC to monitors using a 1/4" TRS adapter on the end of each RCA plug.

Sound was horrible to say the least.

I'd get a higher quality sound card and use balanced cables.

And yeah, check your power supply, possibly look into a filter, cleaner type of thing from a general electronics store.

and yep, a Zip drive wouldn't hurt!

Back