Sampling on midi... not working

zgmg

Here's what's going on: img440.imageshack[dot]us/img440/9148/screenshot20120604at540.png (replace "[dot]" with ".")

I cut the track, sample it, bounce it, and I clearly see Logic is not ending the track at the midi release. Instead, it decides to fade it out... Any ideas for how to fix this and what it is to begin with? Also - I'm on a MacBook Pro running Logic Pro, 9.1.7 and did this as an example in a new project - no default settings or presets.

I went to the Apple Store and they didn't know...

Please help. Thank you

Are you using the ESX24? if so then you would have to change the settings in that, Also you want to look at how the samples is laid out on the keys and the option menu for that. I cant seem to get the picture to open? even with the dot. if its fading out though it means the sustain could be low.

Thanks for replying. I'm importing a sample as an audio file, sampling it, quantizing, and then the problem strikes.

When I cut a note short in midi, and bounce, I can clearly see that Logic is fading out each early cut by about 10ms or so. I've looked up and played with the Envelope in EXS24, which yes is what I'm using, but I think it's something else. I feel like this is what Clip Length is supposed to do but doesn't do anything. I just want Logic to cut off my midi information where I cut it and not fade it out. I'm not doing anything special. Import, Convert to Sampler Track, Split, Bounce... problem.

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Here's what's going on with white noise: Here's what's going on with white noise... img842.imageshack [dot] us/img842/8970/screenshot20120604at726.png

Back