Sampling in Logic Pro X/EXS 24

Micro79

Hi All. Im brand new to the site. And I have a lil Question for you all. Whats the procedure for getting a sound or wave/sample into the logic pro sample player? Just some 1 threw 5 steps if any. Thanks all

I think the videos are in the area where I wanna be, but not totally. What Im trying to achieve is recording any audio in as audio track. Then send or convert that to the sampler device and tweak to my own taste. If anybody has any knowledge on this. Please share it. Thanks in Advance.

I usually assign a key on my keyboard to be my "splitting" tool--sorry, totally forgot what the name of the function is.

I then play the track, and as long as the audio track I want to chop is selected, pressing the splitting key I've assigned will "split" the track when I tell it to. Therefore, I can split at a verse, a hit, a snare..whatever I want.

After I've split, or chopped up, the song, I just open an EXS, click on "edit" to open it's editor, and then I drag and drop the samples in.

I've done this for years now in Logic, and to me, it's the best way because I still haven't found an accurate way to accurately chop a song using "convert to new sampler instrument."

I believe this way is also explained by Just Blaze on youtube--sorry for a shitty response...but we both have the same method and it's quite easy.

This also allows me to rearrange pieces of the audio track if I deem it easier per track over replaying samples through EXS...

Word! Longtime Propellerhead Reason user and was wondering the same question!.

Thanks willnubu and akplay for the great info and advice! Much appreciated!

I've done this for years now in Logic, and to me, it's the best way because I still haven't found an accurate way to accurately chop a song using "convert to new sampler instrument."

I'm not SUPER familiar with the "convert to new sampler instrument" function, but what I've done in the past is to cut the samples on the timeline, select them all and then convert to new to sampler. Is that what you have done? What problems are you experiencing or what is not doing that you want it to?

Back