Sampling on Logic Pro 9

GoDJ

What are some good tutorials to look at to learn how to sample on Logic?
Any tips or techniques?

I am not a complete beginner to sampling with Logic, but I know my techniques are probably terrible.

have you seen this? helped me quite a bit. if you want to have the chops cut each other off then make sure you bust mono voice though. and youll have to create that key command in your own prefereances. clicking flex at the top and in that audio channel change it to slicing. i tink you can set markers and slice those to drag into exs, a little more accurate maybe but i havent gotten used to that yet. only had logic for a week ha ha. hope this helps :D

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

oops forgot the link

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that video. My problem is not slicing, it's changing the pitch and tempo of the sample to match whatever I add to it. Like when I add hihats they are off beat I can never get them to get on beat.

I've seen that video. My problem is not slicing, it's changing the pitch and tempo of the sample to match whatever I add to it. Like when I add hihats they are off beat I can never get them to get on beat.

You can do all that using the EXS24. I'll probably put a YouTube video up on my page showing you how to do it some point soon. Let me know if that's what you need....

Last edited:
yea a youtube video would help alot, let me know when its up, thanks.

Until I put up a video on how to do it (which I will let you know about), this video might be helpful to you for now. It's actually a 5 part video series showing how I put a whole song together in Logic. You have to sign up for parts 2-5 but it's all free. I think they will probably all be helpful to you or at the very least interesting.

Feel free to check it out and please excuse my English accent haha... Making a Hip Hop Beat Start to Finish - YouTube

i find the bpm of the song i want to sample, i set the tempo to that bpm which is 91.1, and then i bring the song into logic, but when i do this the metronome is still off

i usually just slice and change the pitch of all the chops to suit my beats tempo. and in terms of hi hats. do you qauntize? i dont anymore but i started out having to. your sense of ryhtm gets better over time. IMO live is much better for slicing if you can get your paws on it. sampling for live and workflow too, and composing in logic. thats what i usually like :)

Yeah. I quantize cuz I find it easier if each note is on the grid. I thought it the Bpm was right, then when I quantized it should be on beat

Back