sampling help

T

the souloist

i have a promblem i have a sample and its nice but there this snare that i just cant put my kick over it makes my kick sound off what do i have to any suggestion would be helpful

( i use fl studio 10 )

you've gotta work with what the sample gives you, don't put a kick over the snare.. put a snare over the snare. work with the sample, chop it up so it's a beat by itself then add your own drums. there is no way to completely get rid of a snare in a sample, you can try EQ'ing to make it a bit more quiet but you'll never be able to get rid of it completely. hope I helped... peace

yeh deffo try to utilise that snare as part of your pattern or dub over it with your own snare.
is there enough room on the sample to bypass the snare and still have some of the nice sounds from your sample? you could load the sample into eq like swami said see what frequency its hitting and eq it out or put a low pass or i think either band/notch filter on it and try to cut of the frequency that the snare is hitting. Does your eq have an analyser so you can see what frequency its effecting the most?

Gotta hear the samlple to judge what you can do with it. Ive sone beats with snares on a kick but i choppes and pitched it up and played my pattern very unique were ya could not tell.

you may be able to increase the attack of the sample such that it fades in rather than abruptly starting on the snare. as mentioned, this would depend on the sample and drums you are using.

Back