Sampling help

scarface07

ite im just startin to sample i guess i'll be using adobe audition 1.5 to chop up my samples and make my beats with fl studio so i wanna know the basics on chopping up samples pls gib me some tips n tricks,also i heard you need to find the bmp befor u start making a beat with the sample is this tru? if it is how would i find the bmp? and umm just give me some tips pls

thanks

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/117927
should help you.
the way i do it is once i got my loop perfect i put it in fl click the sample then go down to fit and you should know how many bars you sampled and one bar is 16 steps there. now you look at the dialog box (underneath file edit channels etc) and it should say the bpm as you do it. also there are hardwear bpm counters you can buy and free softwear ones to download, do a search on that if you wanna go that rout.

Go to www.todaysbeats.com, there is a good free tutorial on how to sample on there, just click on Kanye West's picture. I use Cubase primarily for sequencing but also use Acid for sampling and Looping, Acid's beatmapper function is excellent in working out the BPM, give it a try. Adobe audition is excellent for chopping and slicing.

personally reason's nn-xt and recycle dem hoes cook up storms together

when chopping ur samples find a loop witch usually is 2,4,8 snars or claps or if there in no snar or clap just find a perfect loop thats step 1. After you click copy to new on adobe audition pull that sample u just choped up and go to VIEW... WAVE PROPERTIES... then type in under number of beats 4,8,16 or what ever the lenght of the beats per min. ur sequenceing in, it will then underneath it in the TEMPO box tell you what u need to set ur bpm's at in Fl. The save it as a wav file in any folder and pull it up in fl. Then you can eiether go to add-channel-fruity slcier or go to add-channel-sampler and pull the sample up. If ur just strait looping then the snare in the sample should match whatever u are layering it with. THen you can add new drums, hi hats, melody, and other **** over the top. THEN u got urself a dope ass sampled beat. Hope this helped If you wanna here some nice sampled beats using what i just described to you go to www.soundclick.com/wackpackbeats STay up

you said on your classical beat it was for your first fp beat battle... did u win? do yall do that regularly here at fp?

with the beat classical(which is unsampled) yeah i entered it in some battle and no i didnt win i think i was hated on just cuz it was my 1st battle. I dont really battle in there to much not really at all actually.

Back