Sampling Difficulties

ProdlemBeatz

i'm sick & tired of tryin to make a sampled song! lol

i dont have any problems finding some samples(2/4/8 bars loop) and dropping some drums on it.. but that's it, im stucked there.. cant make a full song, only 8 bars loops..

any advices?

you don't have this problem if you chop up more parts of the song.
and also not if you play your own synths on top of it.

like others said, chop a loop into hits, choose what part of the loop you want chops of (pianos, synths, drums, whatever) and personally i'm a mpc user so i lay the chops on pads and mess around till i get something nice going.

if you're sampling the song ur sampling is probably at least 2 minutes long..use different parts of the track and create layers/variations etc

or try filtering the track / using processing in some way on the sample then modulating it + combining synths with samples.

Listen to some Dr Dre or maybe Just Blaze instrumentals and you'll get inspired trust me ! Try to see what they did with the sample, what instruments they added, at what time, etc. Study the songs and you'll get a better idea of what to do on your beats. If you didn't know that website, look for WhoSampled dot com. It's going to help you alot!

Back