Sampling

mind is so blown
i just went from making beats in my moms basement to becoming a millionaire in 2 seconds after reading this.

I'm new to this. I was asking for tips. Could you help. I pull a audio sample from a accapella song. The pieces I used sounds really good. I just used the daw I have. But I don't like the mpc element sampler. Im wondering should I make the beat first the add the audio etc

I'm new to this. I was asking for tips. Could you help. I pull a audio sample from a accapella song. The pieces I used sounds really good. I just used the daw I have. But I don't like the mpc element sampler. Im wondering should I make the beat first the add the audio etc

ahh It sounded like you were telling us how to do it.. Sorry bout that mate. Haha. Anyways,

I'm not sure I fully comprehend your question, As far as making a beat first or vice versa, you should do what feels better for you.

But most importantly, without going into anything technical, before any of that you must have an idea of what you are trying to achieve, this will make your workflow come a lot more naturally and much quicker.

If you find yourself going through 1000 presets or can't decide on an instrument, you need to stop take a break and rethink what it is you are trying to achieve.

The more you can visualize what you want the easier it will happen.

Last edited:
Thanks really appreciate that. I'm getting old soul songs from back in the day. Pulling certain audio sound of that vocals and trying to bring it to a new hip hop error. I'm just trying to make one beat like kanye West to see how he does it.

Thanks really appreciate that. I'm getting old soul songs from back in the day. Pulling certain audio sound of that vocals and trying to bring it to a new hip hop error. I'm just trying to make one beat like kanye West to see how he does it.

I think in that case I think your best bet is to try and find a Kanye song you like, find the sample he used, and try and remake the beat exactly the same.

The amount you will learn from this simple exercise is incredible.

And after you battle your way through that you will have a much better comprehension of how the tracks are made.

Ok that's a better idea. I'm gone go for through the wire by kanye. He sample Chaka Chan's -through the fire. Any tips on how he changed her voice like that And how to find those vst instruments

Ok that's a better idea. I'm gone go for through the wire by kanye. He sample Chaka Chan's -through the fire. Any tips on how he changed her voice like that And how to find those vst instruments

To tell you the truth, I don't actually listen to Kanye, lol haven't even heard the track.

I heard some stuff and it's alright, it's not that I think his stuff sounds like shit or I'm a hater or anything, it's just I can't stand his arrogance and refuse to support him and anything he does.

Even just seeing his head just makes me wish I could punch it to knock that ego out of him maybe knock some sense into him at the same time. Lol I dunno why someone hasn't done it already. Haha

Al good though, I might have a listen it soon and tell you what I think though...

Last edited:
Ok just had listen to both original and his version.

All it sounds like he done to me is chopped the sample up creatively and then he has applied a vibrato style effect on that high note for a bit of impact here and there.

You our can find many free vst instruments just by doing a Google search there's 100s of them. Probably thousands.

You can pay for better quality ones with more tweaked options etc, but theres some nice free ones floating about to get you started.

just seeing his head just makes me wish I could punch it to knock that ego out of him maybe knock some sense into him at the same time. Lol I dunno why someone hasn't done it already. Haha

Al good though, I might have a listen it soon and tell you what I think though...

haha....the bloke is a fully fledged azzhole of a human being.....but some of his old beats really do knock like fukc.....

although I'm pretty sure he interpolated some of his samples, so no one get too beat up if you cant flip it like he did....

Yeah I tried to download some my computer want let me do it. I got a nice piece I'm working now sounding good...If you know of any good websites let me know

Back