Sampling

There is no "best" program, choose a DAW you like working in. As for getting samples... vinyl, cd's, youtube and any other place/site you can get music from.

Akai's MPC.. According to most ppl I'd say Records but I dig mostly online.

mostly people who don't know better say Mpcs lol. Mpcs are superior sequencers and terrible samplers imo. IMO the akai rack samplers or the Ensoniq stuff are superior samplers. I think the Ensoniq samplers are the best hardware samplers ever made besides maybe the MV88k but I never liked the layout of the MV series. Either way lets get out of the old days for a minute and just grab kontakt.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Try either using acid or cakewalk. If you have pro tools, even better

Check out my exclusive rap beats on Radio Hitz Stereo

which cakewalk program are you talking about they have several? Ive been using Sonar since 2005 I've never thought it was sample friendly and acid imo is way too much mouse work. If you want the easiest experience i think maschine may be the way to go

mostly people who don't know better say Mpcs lol. Mpcs are superior sequencers and terrible samplers imo. IMO the akai rack samplers or the Ensoniq stuff are superior samplers. I think the Ensoniq samplers are the best hardware samplers ever made besides maybe the MV88k but I never liked the layout of the MV series. Either way lets get out of the old days for a minute and just grab kontakt.

Whatever gets the job done.

Last edited:
i find fl studio better than logic or ableton when working with samples... however im terrible at the latter two so thats probably why.

Heres my 2cents.
You are a student trying to learn an ancient kung fu style from a master.
First you must learn,Then practice and keep practicing your craft.
Any Daw is a good choice ive seen people do wonderfull music with all of them.

I personally Use Propellerhead's Reason and Recycle, but these guys are right, any of these DAW can work. I've learned a a lot from watching tutorial videos on youtube from people that have MPC's, Machine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, etc... the concepts are the same regardless of what we are using. Just some are easier then others lol

Back