samplesssssss

KebbyTheProphet

how many bars are your samples usually?

if i had a 4 bar sample how many regions would u chop it into?
how about 8 bar sample?
16 bar?

if you could answer this i would highly appreciate it.

how many bars are your samples usually?

Just like every BEAT, every MIX, & every PERSON; every SAMPLE is DIFFERENT. Some samples you may just want that section that's the only time I'll chop a specific amount of bars. Other times I'll want pieces from the end/beginning/middle of the song. To answer your question, I'd say anywhere from 1-16 bars lol. Maybe even 24. Sometimes I'll chop up the whole damn verse.

it really depends on the sample if the 8 bar sample is hot then i'll just keep it an 8 bar i usually chop 16's up into 2 regions onetime i chopped up a 16 bar into 4 regions it really depends on the sample you kinda have to listen to the sample and get a feel for what you wanna do to it
and for the 4 bar the possibilities are endless here's an example of what kanye did to a 2 sec vocal sample

youtube .com/watch?v=ur8ftRFb2Ac

how would i go about sampling 0:19 to 1:02

You tell me.. How would YOU go about samplin' that? Word of advice, the only thing that makes you better at sampling is doin it! I chop EVERY snare, kick, vocal, hat, whatever and play it out. How you want the beat to come out will determine the process you take. I'm not in yo head so IDK..

do you have a video tutorial or where i can hear your beats for example

Not on the web nope. If you wanna wait a day or 2 my website gon be up.. You makin it more difficult then it needs to be. Ain't nothin to it but to do it. Trust me, I came on this site 2 years ago and that was my only goal, to be able to sample. Listen to the Heatmakerz, Kanye West, etc.

heatmakerz are some of my favorite producers. from the dipset era. i like araabs style too.
i want to be able to make boom bap, club type beats, and futuristic new shit like "the alliance" producer team on youtube. theyre the best. trance party 4

As both said above sampling is different for everyone. You can chop a sample into as many usuable parts as possible its up the user on how they are used.

Back