Samples and selling the music after

NovationNation

Battle Champion!
So if you sample a track (old or new) flip it or use a part of it in one of your tracks then upload it on i tunes what are the risks involved after?

I know it's copy right infringement but I've seen and i'm sure many of you have too situations where big artists blatantly sampled a track or even made a whole album based on samples and started selling it, a lot of time many of those samples probably haven't even been cleared and they are put out there.

I'm not against sampling but i'm not also with it to a certain extent when it comes to the business side. If the producer sells this type of track to an artist if something goes wrong does it go back on to the producer or will it affect the artist alone?

Thoughts anyone?

I think that if you get caught, both the artist and the producer will be affected. There is an interested court case involving a rap artist who sample Kraftwerk. The trial lasted 12 years, Google it to have more information about it (I can't post link for the moment because I'm a new member).

Back