Samplers with ''Play to End'' Feature

JC Biffro

Hey,

I know this question has probably been asked 100 times but I can't seem to use the right keywords to find the threads. :facepalm:

Essentially, I want to micro-chop a sample into I dunno, 1/128's, but if I hold down a key and play one of the sliced notes, I want the sample to keep playing until I press down another key. So even though it's been chopped to a microsecond or w/e, it can still play on if I hold the key down. It's kinda like choke groups except it's ignoring the fact it's been sliced. I know some samplers have a loop function, but that only really works with much longer chops.

I've explained that terribly but I hope someone can make sense of it! Aside from Maschine, are there any you'd be able to recommend please? FL Studio's built in slicer ''FL Slicer'' has a 'Play Sample to End' function but I've tried for example, Bitwig's own slicer(s), iZotope's PHATmatik, Battery 3/4 etc and none of this seem to have one. :( I primarily use pHATmatik and it doesn't seem to be a feature here :( FL Slicer can't be used in Bitwig so doesn't really serve a practical purpose for me. I can't believe it's big brother (slicex) doesn't have the feature!

I'm still quite new to sampling so don't shoot me please. cooge

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey,I can see your problem and I also had this problem before,FL Slicer is great but actually Slicex is a lot better,and it actually has a Play to End feature,if you click at the wrench icon and go to the scripting tab,and then select Run Script,Regions,Play to End,and there you go,you can have this feature with Slicex.I hope I have helped! :)

Last edited:
Back