Sampler's Paradise.

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
I was just bored and looking up songs on youtube and realized that their should be a sampler's paradise where you can look up songs to sample and purchase them. Sort of like I tunes for Samples. If there is already a site like this then excuse my ignorance and tell me about it. If not tell me what ya'll think on this idea.

why would u want a site that everyone can go to part of sampling is getting rare ish finding that diamond in the rough & why would u buy when in some cases u can buy a vinyl for like 60 bucks and it wont have shit on there worth sampling but u can strike Gold from the 1 dollar bin its random as hell sometimes
what determines the cost ? when technicality any song can be sampled

Last edited by a moderator:
Not tryin to be an a** but why is it that ppl don't like diggin anymore? To me there's nothing iller then goin to ur local record shop, finding a dope looking record or a nice soul joint n then going home and listen and try to find nice samples....why would u ever wanna just go and buy a popular loop that anyone can cop. Damn, the art of sampling and digging is fading, ppl need to wake up and start appreciating the art and culture of hip hop again!

Not to mention I buy most my records cuz I enjoy listening to soul music or just music in general for that matter. Why do so many ppl only try to find music with there only intention is to sample it...start appreciating music again.

Not tryin to be an a** but why is it that ppl don't like diggin anymore? To me there's nothing iller then goin to ur local record shop, finding a dope looking record or a nice soul joint n then going home and listen and try to find nice samples....why would u ever wanna just go and buy a popular loop that anyone can cop. Damn, the art of sampling and digging is fading, ppl need to wake up and start appreciating the art and culture of hip hop again!

Not to mention I buy most my records cuz I enjoy listening to soul music or just music in general for that matter. Why do so many ppl only try to find music with there only intention is to sample it...start appreciating music again.
I hear you cousin. This generation is getting lazy. With the power of the internet, technology, DAW's producer & beatmakers are always seeking easier ways. Back in the day DJ's used to carry BOXES of records to all their block parties they'd DJ at, you can't knock the hustle of diggin' you gotta do it in full, no shortcuts.

for broke beat makers cool

but for those that got records an mutilple analog sampling hardware there the onnes that give diggin a badd name -if - there the ones e diggin

It would still be digging it would just be digital digging. Especially useful for someone who wants to dig for samples but there isn't a record store around. Btw digging and sampling are two totally different things. And if some people happen to like the same loop then oh well it happens anyway.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

I hear you cousin. This generation is getting lazy. With the power of the internet, technology, DAW's producer & beatmakers are always seeking easier ways. Back in the day DJ's used to carry BOXES of records to all their block parties they'd DJ at, you can't knock the hustle of diggin' you gotta do it in full, no shortcuts.

Why is this generation lazy for trying to find better ways to do something? News flash if the DJ's back then didn't have to carry around the boxes full of records they wouldn't. What's so bad about having that box full of records contained within a flash drive?

check the-breaks.com and whosampled.com.

Not exactly what you were looking for, but....

Man.. so tired of these old ass producers and their.. "Man.. Back in the day.." shit.

Well, back in the day.. there was no e-digging spots on the internet. And if there was; I'm sure all of those cats would've utilized those resources as well as vinyl.

^ it's not about "back in the day"... I'm only 20 and I take pride in digging and finding rare and cool loops to flip. There's nothing original about downloading something that everyone else in the world has instant and easy access to.

It's about preserving and appreciating the hip hop culture.

Man.. so tired of these old ass producers and their.. "Man.. Back in the day.." shit.

Well, back in the day.. there was no e-digging spots on the internet. And if there was;
I'm sure all of those cats would've utilized those resources as well as vinyl.

Aight, so what if you don't live near a record shop?
Many cats who take pride in their digging just want to patronize other beat-makers cause they ain't on the same steez.

^ it's not about "back in the day"... I'm only 20 and I take pride in digging and finding rare and cool loops to flip. There's nothing original about downloading something that everyone else in the world has instant and easy access to.

It's about preserving and appreciating the hip hop culture.

What is so wrong about not physically digging for a rare loop? Originality doesn't lie in finding the loop it's more about what you do with said loop. If you like digging then that's your hobby.

it's good to incorporate things from history to learn. If you want to be a part of something why not research it's history and adapt the techniques from where it came from?

P.S. I'm 18 and I only dig in the crates.

i mean to be honest i think people are just lazy or they arnt sure that they are that serious in making beats. I e digged when i was just starting out then i found out i actually really enjoyed sampling and beat making so i immediately got a record player and started digging. Digging in the crates is so much more satisfactory i mean lets face it u may find a sick sample on a blog but so did 100 other people..

Well, back in the day.. there was no e-digging spots on the internet. And if there was; I'm sure all of those cats would've utilized those resources as well as vinyl.
I'm am tired of these arrogant young new producers who have no respect for history. I wouldn't consider myself old either I'm 27. Resources are great but some people simply disrespect the art. If you want to make beats fine make beats but where are the fans of music? How many people sell beats but would never pay for music themselves? Or even better the kids that steal their music making software and then get mad at people for stealing their beats.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

What's so bad about having that box full of records contained within a flash drive?
nothing thats one of the beauties of technology but at the same time the bad part is that kids have 8 terabytes of music they downloaded and wouldn't otherwise listen to if they weren't trying to sample it. They aren't fans of music and don't respect the music they sample they just want to make beats for rappers and found this way to be an easier route since their stolen software does most of the work for them.

---------- Post added 12-02-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-01-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

What is so wrong about not physically digging for a rare loop? Originality doesn't lie in finding the loop it's more about what you do with said loop. If you like digging then that's your hobby.
The idea of digging and sampling was to find that rare loop though. It was finding it and showing it to the world. At some point this newer generation has turned it from finding something new and showing it to the world and has turned it into well what did u do to the loop. Thats also why so many classic hip hop records are loops.

"I'm am tired of these arrogant young new producers who have no respect for history. I wouldn't consider myself old either I'm 27. Resources are great but some people simply disrespect the art. If you want to make beats fine make beats but where are the fans of music? How many people sell beats but would never pay for music themselves? Or even better the kids that steal their music making software and then get mad at people for stealing their beats."

"nothing thats one of the beauties of technology but at the same time the bad part is that kids have 8 terabytes of music they downloaded and wouldn't otherwise listen to if they weren't trying to sample it. They aren't fans of music and don't respect the music they sample they just want to make beats for rappers and found this way to be an easier route since their stolen software does most of the work for them."

"The idea of digging and sampling was to find that rare loop though. It was finding it and showing it to the world. At some point this newer generation has turned it from finding something new and showing it to the world and has turned it into well what did u do to the loop. Thats also why so many classic hip hop records are loops."

---great post man. i couldnt have said it any better myself. i saw an interview with pete rock where he was talking about how deep his crates were, and how he just loves music. he went on to say how his beat making is his way to share all the great music he knows and loves. he said that theres a ton of great music out there and that its a beat makers job to show the world all the great music that exsists. thats why most his beats are loops, but there some of the greatest beats all time. it all goes back to appreciating music and the art of looping/chopping samples. like i said before i usually buy my records with the intent of listening and enjoying the music not JUST sampling. trust me i buy my fare share of records that just look cool and i wanna flip something on it but when it comes down to it i love music, n thats the true reason i buy vinyl.

Back