SAMPLER, WHAT IS THE BEST...for the average joe?

velocity05

kkk i'm bout to throw some cheese on a sampler, HOWEVER dude got other expenses so wat do you think is the best sampler for it's money? I basically wat dudes is working wit and how much it cost, feel free to back your weapon of choice aswell.

www.myspace.com/streetempire

I dnt think i made myself clear fam, i want hardware, anyone recommend or have stories about thier particular weapon of choice.

Korg es-1.
I got mine for $250 in december. Probably the most underrated samplers there is. Comes wit some real nice factory sounds that i've found great use for. U can find a used one for like $100 now.. no lie, its a great piece, dont be discouraged because of its price either.
www.myspace.com/tharealad
the 2 beats on there are ideas i threw together with the es-1.. quick joints.

Also i think theres around 2 minutes of sample time on the es-1, and u can get a smart media card that pretty much doubles that.

It also comes wit a built in preamp, so u wont have to get a mixer to sample records.

Adversary said:
Korg es-1.
I got mine for $250 in december. Probably the most underrated samplers there is. Comes wit some real nice factory sounds that i've found great use for. U can find a used one for like $100 now.. no lie, its a great piece, dont be discouraged because of its price either.
www.myspace.com/tharealad
the 2 beats on there are ideas i threw together with the es-1.. quick joints.

Also i think theres around 2 minutes of sample time on the es-1, and u can get a smart media card that pretty much doubles that.

It also comes wit a built in preamp, so u wont have to get a mixer to sample records.

Appreciate that famalam, i'ma most definately look into it...Anyone else got any typa sampler that they would recommend. btw www.myspace.com/streetempire HOLLA AT ME!!!

I'm sorry but I know you said hardware but I'll have to agree with FL Studio with Phatmatik Pro, but if you want hardware then I liked the ASR-10 it was a hot piece of equipment to use.

Hardware: MPC.... any of them. The cheaper the better since you sound like you're getting started.

Software: FL or Renoise (try the Renoise demo, its only limitation from the full version is WAV export and VST support, I think)

Back