sampleling from movies

you chop it the same as you would using any other sample. Or are puzzled on how to get the sample on your pc/mac?

sample from movies is as good as having a dvd.rw cd-r-rw pop it in and wahhhhh laahaa! a sample on its way to becomin a "hopeful" in the pile of beat cd's ...hahahahahah

what i mean was that how can i get the sample from a dvd to my computer from the dvd.

ok. i'll put it here for anyone else too. There may be a simpler way, but this is how i do it.

1- goto:

http://www.download.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-10226370.html?tag=lst-0-1

and download CDEX (for FREE).

2-goto Radio Shack and buy these mic plugs. They'll only cost a total of about $6-7. Here's a link to what the plugs look like:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo3/kontraband/index.html

FYI: there's a smaller one that's both plugs in one, it looks like the second pic, only smaller.

3-Get a TV and DVD player/ps2/xbox/whatever and have it in the same vacinty that your pc is in.

4-Take the A/V cable from the DVD player/ps2/xbox/whatever and plug the Yellow plug into the TV and the Red and White into the mic plug.

5- Plug the mic plug into your pc.

6-Open CDEX.

7-Click At the top where it says "Tools" and then click "Record From Analog Input."

8-Make sure it's got "Free Length" selected.

9-Select where you want the file to save.

10-Select what you want the name of the file to be.

FYI-"Add Sequential Numbers...." is pretty much useless IMO. It just adds numbers to the end of every file you record.

11-Where it says "Output File Type," click "LAME MP3 Encoder."

FYI- Before recording make sure, you check you pc's master volume. If you're using Windows, make the mic volume go to the 3rd bar from the bottom. DO NOT TURN ON "MICROPHONE BOOST"

12-When you're ready to record, click "Record."

That's it. Should you want to convert the file to WAV/vise versa. On the right there are some icons, just place the mouse over them for a few seconds, and it'll tell you which one does what. Although the icons are self explanatory. peace. :)

Last edited:
those are all good. i grab it the same way i would get a sample off my vinyl. just run the audio to my mixer

I plug the red and white A/V wires into my mixer and record it in Adobe Audition.

Audacity will also work fine.

You can pick up an A/V to phono converter from radio shack for 5 bucks. Plug it into you Microphone/Line In jack on your computer, and the red and white a/v cords into the A/V side of the converter.

Record the phrase or sample into audacity.

Audacity is a freeware program. just google "Audacity".

I already had all this stuff and it never crossed my mind to do this. So im not sleeping tonight.

i jus put in in my computer, push play and record the audio from the part i cue up

right on guido...and from there eq the sample to ya liking right? Damn with all dem steps...that's if you want a studio quality at home when ya EQ parameter skills get you in the door. esp with lo-fi bits of samples if you want to fade-in or out a movie clip into ya track

Back