Sampled or Simply Replayed

D

DS781

Most songs today are sample based. Some of the samples sound "too clean" to be sample from vinyl or cd. I was wondering if anyone thought that most established producers make tracks from vinyl or do they hire musicians to replay the section of music that they want to use or do they get special use of the master/tracked recording from the label that owns the artists' work that they want to sample?

some hire professional musicians to recreate the sample (See Kanye West's "Never Let Me Down" feat. Jay Z..the sample is a white guy with a guitar...not the original sample)...and some actually do sample from vinyl...recreating the sample is a LOT cheaper thatn actually using the original because after that you only have to pay the orginal publisher a statutory rate of the money that you earn from the song...I'm thinkin about doin a little review on this topic to enlighten some people...

Dr Dre hires session players to replay all of his samples. Alot of people snatch it right off of the vinyl. And u can get a very clean sound off of vinyl very easily. CLEAN THE RECORD!

Xabiton said:
Dr Dre hires session players to replay all of his samples. Alot of people snatch it right off of the vinyl. And u can get a very clean sound off of vinyl very easily. CLEAN THE RECORD!

Really! Records don't all sound like "Your Beef Is Mines". In fact, if they do you should take better care of it.

Both. In recent years ive noticed kanye, just blaze, and others make hit record w/ recreated samples via a band or what have you only to have the heatmakerz flip the beat different but still off the vinly as to give it a completely different sound. in my opinion the re-creation sounds more "musical" i guess and the vinyl gives it more of that original soul aspect if that makes ne sense to you guys.

Avalon said:
some hire professional musicians to recreate the sample (See Kanye West's "Never Let Me Down" feat. Jay Z..the sample is a white guy with a guitar...not the original sample)...and some actually do sample from vinyl...recreating the sample is a LOT cheaper thatn actually using the original because after that you only have to pay the orginal publisher a statutory rate of the money that you earn from the song...I'm thinkin about doin a little review on this topic to enlighten some people...

yeah good lookin out bro...that would be cool.

Avalon said:
some hire professional musicians to recreate the sample (See Kanye West's "Never Let Me Down" feat. Jay Z..the sample is a white guy with a guitar...not the original sample)

actually the sample is there....i've heard the original and he used the vocals and guitar part from the sample that was with the vocals but had a piano and another guitar put over it

cappachino said:

actually the sample is there....i've heard the original and he used the vocals and guitar part from the sample that was with the vocals but had a piano and another guitar put over it

well yea...but on the album version the sample was recreated...(See the Logic Pro tutorial in Scratch Magazine...the issue wit Tim on the cover...)

Back