sampled beats = classic record???

kid848 said:
So is 21 Questions... that doesn't mean there aren't guys (not me...) who like the song...

The general audience for any male r n b/pop artist is female... A male singer isn't goin to sing to another male... Stevie Wonder sung to females all the time... same w/ Marvin Gaye... doesn't everybody jam to them?.. Grow up

i think when they sing they have a certain dignity about them

justin timberlake is just a repackaged ex-boyband member...typical "sex sells" ****...thats not me

enjoy your girly bubblegum pop though by all means

Cameron Thomas said:
To deny that Justin Timberlake is talented is pretty ignorant. He came from a boy band and earned the respect of many in the urban industry. That in itself is a feat that many could not accomplish. I wouldn't say his songs are classics but they are up there.

how could that be ignorant? its not a scientifical fact

i dont think he's talented...u cant argue with that

theres hundreds of better singers

Last edited:
Mike Jackson sang about love and he is one the best/singers/entertainers/performers to every step place in a recording studio or stage so just cuz they do poppy music doesn't mean anything at his time period he was doing pop. matter of fact they call him the KING OF POP.....

Relevent Muzik said:
Mike Jackson sang about love and he is one the best/singers/entertainers/performers to every step place in a recording studio or stage so just cuz they do poppy music doesn't mean anything at his time period he was doing pop. matter of fact they call him the KING OF POP.....

thats funny because i thought we were talking about justin timberlake?

or do i have to expalin to u the difference between justin timberlake and other pop singers?

LostProfit said:
thats funny because i thought we were talking about justin timberlake?

or do i have to expalin to u the difference between justin timberlake and other pop singers?

But you disssed JT because his songs were directed toward women...

And I wouldn't call JT bubble gum at all... There's nothin 'bubblegum' about "Cry Me a River"... or most of the album for that matter. JT by himself is 10x better than N'Sync...

But to each his own... if you don't like his music, don't listen... but don't try to tell me I'm less of a man because I listen to it...

Just thought of a keyboard classic. Red & Meth - Da Rockwilder. That's all original from what I remember. Haven't heard it in awhile though so I could be wrong but that's a classic to me.

kid848 said:
But to each his own... if you don't like his music, don't listen... but don't try to tell me I'm less of a man because I listen to it...

whatever you say, kid

do you wear pink? just curious

Xabiton said:
The Clipse are one hit wonders too? I thought they just had a messed up record deal and was playin politics kuz they work with the neptunes.

PS the neptunes are crazy and so was Justin Timberlake's album Im waiting on the new one

Well until, Clipse put out another record there officially one hit wonders. But, it doesn't matter by rule, there 1 hit wonder.

LostProfit said:
whatever you say, kid

I actually do have 2-3 pink shirts in my closet...

I also have a purple shirt in my closet...

What's your point?

LostProfit said:
whatever you say, kid

Having a pink is surely pointless. So what if its pink. It's a color. He is wearing mens clothes. If it was a skirt okay maybe gay or if it was flip flops okay maybe gay but shirts, ties, mean nothing... It's 2006 not the 40's.

just playin' around...get a sense of humour, its 2006 not the 40s

besides, pink is so last year

step ya game up!

someone close this damn topic

Last edited:
Relevent Muzik said:
I do have a sense of humor to things that are funny... :-/

depends whos listening

pink shirt-wearing justin timberlake fans? hmm...i dont know

u coudlnt relate

humour can also be light-heartedness you know?...just messing around...i wasnt asking for a grammy

what do u find funny? will & grace?

Last edited:
Jurassic 5 - What's Golden........ is a keyboard classic. Cut said none of that song was sampled.

big timothy said:
Jurassic 5 - What's Golden........ is a keyboard classic. Cut said none of that song was sampled.

That's all original? Wow I wouldn't have thought that. Great track but I dunno if you can consider it a classic. Just not as well known as it should be. Also why are people talking about pink shirts and sh*t? WTF does that have to do with hip hop classics?

I think the reason sampled beats make classic records is because of the soulful feel that they give and album.....If a producer comes along that makes soulful keyboard beats then we could have another classic album with keyboard beats.

meetromusic11 said:
Is it just me or does it seem like sampled beats seem to be more classic than keyboard beats? Reasonable Doubt, Life After Death, And Illmatic all were classic albums and had mainly sampled beats on them and I can't really think of any keyboard beats that had classic songs to them...why do u guys think this is?

I agree and I think there is a fairly specific reason. Taking samples and pieces from different recordings that were not meant for each other, and collaging them, produces lots of little mistakes and other slightly off elements, that actually give Hip-Hop (and lots of Dance, Techno, House etc.) it's modern sonic signature.(IMHO)

big timothy said:

I'm pretty sure Cut would not make a sampleless track.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have the best sampled beats.........tho I'll never play them :D

Anyway, personally I think Hip Hop has a permanent ear that favors the sample, since that's what the music was founded on. Also, I think back in the day, there were some real hardships going on. Some real tragedies, some rough times, and this is what birthed "soul" music. New Orleans and the jazz. That kinda thing. Today's music is made with little or no passion at all, the music has become more of a business than a spiritual outlet, so when you hear songs today with samples in them, you connect to the passion captured in the sample, as it is channeled threw a modern-day beat that you can dance/knock to. An example would be "This Can't Be Life" by Jay-Z, or "Young Gifted and Black" by Big Daddy Kane....there was real emotion, real passion in the singers/groups/bands of yesteryear, and though the soul or jazz record of 1974 might not be what you blast in your car or iPod, you can still relate to the emotion as is translated through a hip hop beat of today............if that made ANY sense :monkey:

Back