Sample Suggestions

patrickman6

i just learned how to sample on the maschine and im looking forward to learning more about it. i was wondering if you anyone has any suggestions. im open to anything but i like jazz a lot, and female vocals sound badass too. let me know if you have any suggestions. PEACE

Roberta Flack? Lindsey Gore? Claire Torry? As for combining Jazz and female vocals I can think of Elle Fitzgerald. I sampled Cheek to Cheek. I guess I'm just naming people I sampled...

i love psychedelic rock for sampling, lots of awesome sounds in that shit. for party/dance tracks funk although these days it's risky to sample a full bassline or whatever (personally i have a very small audience so i don't care). for evil/dark/satanic shit i sample horror movie soundtracks and goth rock.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

also reggae

You can also check Ahmad Jamal, Ryo Fukui, Herbie Hancock... all 3 of them are incredible jazz pianistst with a lot of melodies, variations and solo parts to sample or just listen.

Last edited:
Back