Sample Searching

anywhere in life lol. thrift stores, record stores, online, video games, musicals, live performances, TV shows, computer noises. Be creative

Youtube, no question :) Also check out the site WhoSampled.com, you can find some new artist, see what famous producers have sampled, get some ideas etc.

Anywhere. There's no limits restriction. I like record stores. I get a cool feeling every time I goto one. I get inspiration as I flip through crates of records.

Anywhere and Everywhere. Look for songs and musicians you listened to growing up. WhoSampled.com is a pretty damn good website too

Your local record store, Youtube, and Local unsigned artists - I swear by these sources

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

I forgot one more thing! get a recorder and invite your friends over your house and a shit load of beer and then hit record for the night you will have so many great vocal samples! I guarantee

I get 'em from all over, even people playing their own instruments on Youtube...it sounds funny, but some crazy can come out of playing a piano off-key, lol....it's just a weird taste that I have, but I've found gems in some of these amateur musicians(well, actually they know how to play their instruments so I doubt their amateurs).

Youtube & WhoSampled, Also Any Childhood Influences You May Have Had

everywhere!
so much samples wait to flipped.
search at youtube or do record own sounds

You can download the Spotify app for Mac, Pc or mobile and you'll then have access to anything you need samplewise... its great for music discovery, type in someone you like and use the related artists tab over and over until you've gotten to something sick that almost nobody has heard before haha. Once you find something you want to sample you can do it many different ways. Personally I reroute audio output right back into my computer's input. It's easy, I use a headphone splitter to plug into the headphone jack so I can monitor what I'm doing, then just route a cable right back into the input jack. now the computer thinks its external audio being recorded, u can get anything off of the web, other applications, etc. Any audio whatsoever, its the perfect way to get something rare and obscure to work with. Or use the Soundflower app (Mac) to internally route audio from app to app. And there you go, the world is now yours.

I would suggest You Tube first, then once you get a hold of the concept, you can move to crate digging. Smartphones also play a great role too! you can record almost anything (if the surrounding area has minimal interference)

Back