sample q

MegaMindBo

do you guys always know what you want to do with a sample because sometimes i feel like im just button mashing until i like something.

Mos of times think I know, but sometimes I get to go in a different way and the "button mashing" gets me another vibe, or a part of the sample that I hadn't noticed yet. But the best beats come from the samples I already know what to do with them.

It all does.. You have to have SOME idea, like PART of the sample, or SEE some potential in it. Otherwise what's the point of choppin it up?
i do but it never really comes out right. i have made a few ok sampled beats but its way more room to improve.

Last edited:
i've started to try to make a sampled beat a day for practice, flip this has some good samples so i have plenty to work with. off topic i just got hypersonic 2 is there any way to use more than one patch without linking them or opening it in another channel im using fl btw.

I never know what my groove will be until i chop and mess with the pitch, and add my drum mix. and I will literally exhaust every single melody for 30 minutes before i record. you never know what type of melody you will have until you hit every pad.

I never know what my groove will be until i chop and mess with the pitch, and add my drum mix. and I will literally exhaust every single melody for 30 minutes before i record. you never know what type of melody you will have until you hit every pad.
do you chop every note or bars

:probably depends on the sample right

Last edited:
Sometimes I'll play a section of audio and I can hear a potential beat, especially if it's a loop. Other times I just like the way a sample sounds, and I'll try to manipulate it to form a beat.

i just got hypersonic 2 is there any way to use more than one patch without linking them or opening it in another channel im using fl btw.

The best way way to do this if I understand your question correctly is by loading up the MIDI out plug in; in fl studio. once you do that,

click the gear icon at the top left in hypersonic, you would see some options, one marked Imput port and Output port set both of the ports to 8 (you can choose any you wish )

back in the MIDI out plugin set the port number to 8 (or the number that you chose in hypersonic)

now in the channel box you can set this to the corresponding channels in hypersonic. (If you want more channels you just add another Midi out and rpt the process with the midi out.) in this way you don't have to hypersonic every time

not sure what you meant by without linking, but I hope this helps.

thank you bro and by linking i meant layering the hypersonic instruments so that they play the same notes as the track above. thanks for the knowledge.

i can never figure out what to do with a sample so i always go back to composing. beats i use samples in end up to a point where i composed so much of it u can't tell where the samples from :\

i can never figure out what to do with a sample so i always go back to composing. beats i use samples in end up to a point where i composed so much of it u can't tell where the samples from :\
that may be a good thing this on im working you can tell the sample even though its chopped.

Back