Sample Not "Fitting"

Dialectician

[h=2]Sample Not "Fitting"[/h]
I am having a problem with making a sample “fit”; specifically, the sampled loop that I am trying to use for a “beat” is 8 bars, but when I sync the tempo of it in Reason 3.0.5, to the “click”, the 8th bar is sounding “short”.

To create the loop, I used Recycle, and from there I then imported the REX file into Reason. However, this is where my problem arose. Once I imported the newly created loop into Reason and adjusted the tempo in its sequencer to match the BPM (as shown in Recycle) of the sample, the sample played through seamlessly, however, it was off beat; so, in order to correct this, I matched the sample to the “click”, by ear, but the problem is the fact that when I did that, the 8th bar of the sample then came out to be too short — though the rest of the bars are in sync with the tempo of the sequencer, the 8th bar will not play long enough in order for the sample to maintain a seamless playback, despite the fact that the loop was "tight" in Recycle.

Can anyone tell me what could be causing this issue, and how it can be corrected?

Also, the only other tool that I have to use in order to correct this issue, other than the ones that I mentioned above, is an MPC 500.

Thanks

I'm sorry this won't answer your question because you don't use the software but this happened to me all the time before I used Ableton Live. Warping samples is one of Live's best features imo and in my case used extensively. Sample chops and loops get cleaned up.

sounds to me like you cut it too short to begin with and you need to revisit the loop from scratch

I don't use recycle or reason, but like coach said, it sounds like you cut it too short.
Try to calculate the length the 8 bars should be, based on the tempo and see if you got it right by ear.
I have never done it myself, but maybe it will help you.

that can be solved by manually timestretching the chop or cloning the part you want to use as sustain.
the cloning method is the only viable option for 16-48khz because of how bad they sound stretched beyond 1.5 times their original size.

Back