Sample Noob

Penguinking

So I just started sampling recently and I somehow made this sample I looped high pitch and at a faster tempo, but I don't know how and would like to because i made a really sick loop and want to be able to do it again. Also, everytime I start trying to make a beat with my sample all of a sudden my keyboard thats hooked up stops working randomly. I think it might have to do with the set of notes assigned to the keyboard shifiting. So, basically how do I make the set of notes that are assigned to my keyboard shift to a higher or lower set of notes? And does anyone know why my keyboard would randomly stop working when I'm in the middle of finding what notes I want to record? I am a noob at this, i know, but I'm trying to learn and get better so I don't have to ask dumb questions, so if anyone could actually help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW I use the Dr. Rex Loop Player in Reason 5 for my beat making and use recycle to upload and chop up my songs.

Last edited:
I honestly don't. I was ****ing around with the sample that i looped and all of a sudden it started playing at a faster tempo and higher pitch. It sounded dope, but I have no idea how i did it. Can anyone please help me out? Also, I still don't know why my keyboard randomly stops working when I'm in the middle of playing it, so if anyone knows the reason to that aswell that would be cool. Thanks. Oh and yeah I was also trying to figure out how to change the notes im playing on the keyboard because I'l make a bunch of slices on the sample I'm using, but then I won't even be able to use all of them because I only have like 41 keys on my keyboard.

Idk why your keyboard keeps cuttin off, but there should be some kind of button to go up & down the octaves on your keyboard. Idk much bout Reason except how to ReWire it into FL & use Reason sounds. You must uh just pitched it up. In FL all you have to do is press a key higher then middle C to speed it up, I don't think it's the same in Reason..

Back