Sample Buying Tips....???

Chew_Bear

When browsing/shopping the internet for samples...all I see is:

Sample Packs = Individual WAV files of drums, cymbals, hats, claps etc.

Loops & Loop Packs = Individual WAV files of "loops" containing basslines, drums/percusssion and Synths (stabs, leads etc) depending on specific genres, instruments and sounds I'm after.

Genre Packs = Individual WAV files of drums, cymbals, hats, claps...OR..."loops" containing basslines, drums/percusssion or Synths depending on which genre I want to work in (dubstep, electro house, trap, deep house, chill, trance etc.)

Instrument Packs = Individual WAV files of whichever instrument you want to acquire. (808, 909, guitar, piano, drums, synths etc.)

1. How do I know which samples to buy/download and which ones are just "garbage" in this sea of samples all over the internet...???

For example...I spent "ALL DAY" yesterday...downloading free '808 KIT SAMPLES' and 'TRAP KIT SAMPLES' from the top websites/searches I came across on google.

Some of these samples sounded the same...and some different. Some sounded like high quality...and some didn't. I got some "EXTRAS" (FX, chants etc.) from one pack and some DID NOT give me extras.

Most importantly...some sounded exactly the SAME. Made me wonder if all I was doing was downloading the same samples all over and therefore creating "DUPLICATES"...just wasting 'TIME' and 'ENERGY'!!!!!!!

2. How do you know which 'source' to download from so you don't waste time/energy downloading the same samples twice...???

3. Is this why most pro producers sample from 'existing records' and stay away from the free sample packs/stuff...???

HELP...?!?!

Back