Sample based production on reason

shannonknowles

Hey guys,
It's been a minute, well, a couple of years in fact. Long story short is I took a break from music for a few years to focus on other things in my life and now I'm ready to start again. I'm not up to date with all the latest software, hardware etc but I still have reason 5 which I used to make beats with. I'm a sample based producer and would chop my samples up in recycle and import to reason. So this is my question, is it worth getting up to date and buying reason 8 even though I'm going to use this same method I'm capable of doing on reason 5?

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks

do you rap/siing? if yes, then, yes, get reason 8 (it can record external audio as well as manipulate synths, etc, if no, then don't worry

Hey guys,
It's been a minute, well, a couple of years in fact. Long story short is I took a break from music for a few years to focus on other things in my life and now I'm ready to start again. I'm not up to date with all the latest software, hardware etc but I still have reason 5 which I used to make beats with. I'm a sample based producer and would chop my samples up in recycle and import to reason. So this is my question, is it worth getting up to date and buying reason 8 even though I'm going to use this same method I'm capable of doing on reason 5?

All advice is appreciated.

Thanks

hey there....we're in the same situation. i'm still on reason 3 (and chopping my samples in recycle as well) and i've been thinking about upgrading to reason 7 or 8. aside from having the latest and greatest software, i haven't found a reason to upgrade yet either.

if you are sampling everything including drum samples then there isn't really a point other than to get a nicer interface, but it does basically the same thing with sampling

Back