samoling with FPC

ok thanks but another problem is when i do load a sample in how can i take out the regular sounds like the crash,snare,etc. and also hoe can i cut my samples so that they wont be repeating in th FPC?

Juicy J said:
ok thanks but another problem is when i do load a sample in how can i take out the regular sounds like the crash,snare,etc. and also hoe can i cut my samples so that they wont be repeating in th FPC?

First of all, it doesn't really matter what other sounds are there, as long as you're triggering the sounds you want. BUT,

It all depends on your setup IMO. This is what I did. Pretty useless if you dont have a MIDI keyboard tho. But if you do, listen up:

What I did was.....look at it this way. You get 32 samples per preset, so what i did was, i loaded up the "Empty" preset. Then, I loaded up random **** in each pad, and pay attention to the right side of the plugin:

plugins_FPC_main.gif

The right side is where you choose your pad's trigger location on the piano roll/keyboard. For example, Pad 1, on the lower left, is going to be triggered by the C# 3 key that it's mapped to, which you can see on the lower left part of the right half of the plugin. So what I did was, I found a key on my keyboard....usually you wanna choose one towards the left.....and pretty much write down on a piece of paper how you wanna map out each key.

Long story short,

1) load the "Empty" preset
2) map out all 32 FPC pads, to correspond with 32 adjacent keys on your MIDI keyboard
3) Save that preset as a different name.....

NOW, anytime you wanna use the FPC, load THAT present. You'll have all the pads empty, and you'll be able to load whatever sample you want, on whatever key you like and you won't have to be thumbing around looking for what key triggers what sound.

As far as your "repeating" question you'll have to rephrase.

ok man thanks alot that really helps, and i do have a drum machine that i trigger my sounds with

nah...you don't need a trigger pad but it would help you get into a better groove. I do my sampling with the FPC sometimes.

askinsch said:
nah...you don't need a trigger pad but it would help you get into a better groove. I do my sampling with the FPC sometimes.

believe me, FL works 100 times better if you've got some sort of hardware trigger. even a mpc2500 aint bad for it.

Back