Rnb Sampled Beats

TheRealKairos

So after about two years of making sampled beats I finally feel like i have the ability to make pretty dope hip hop beats. I want more than that. I wanna get better and be able to make an rnb beat with sampling. Any advice on how to get there? For some reason whenever i try i can admit the result ain't what it should be. How do yall feebly about sampled rnb songs? And what are some of yall favorite rnb songs that are sampled.

R&B beats use mellow sounds i guess. try to emulate a singer while u make the beat, the hardest beat could be an R&B track.. is just who gets on it i guess.

Last edited:
Listen to some early Monica or Mary J Blige. Amerie and J lo always had a ton of samples flying around too and you'll realize that its not about the sample at all. Urban music is about groove and feeling the difference between hip hop and rnb is mostly feel (rhythm mostly) and not melody. Though Rnb can be melodic its still very groovy especially contemporary rnb. Lots of rnb uses samples mostly loops.

i think you should just make your sample at a slower BPM. like around 70 BPM.
sample something with a Rhodes in it would be great.

and just sample old R&B/old Jazz records period to make new R&B.

Listen to some early Monica or Mary J Blige. Amerie and J lo always had a ton of samples flying around too and you'll realize that its not about the sample at all. Urban music is about groove and feeling the difference between hip hop and rnb is mostly feel (rhythm mostly) and not melody. Though Rnb can be melodic its still very groovy especially contemporary rnb. Lots of rnb uses samples mostly loops.
Thank you! What r some of your favorites?

Last edited:
Stop worrying about recommendations just listen to their early discogs it will help you develop your own tastes.

Slow down the samples your using and listen to older rnb songs. Sometimes you'll find parts you can sample in that.

if it's in major it's got more of a feel of a r&B track but blargh everyones rule round here DO WHAT YOU WANT!?!?!>!?>!?>!?>1

really as soon as a singer is over it a hiphop track is a R&B track...there was a good thread not long ago about a ton of pop instrumentals that could of been underground hits.

ashanti-only u,christina milian - say i, amerie - one thing, bey - crazy in love

all samples included

RnB Sampled Beats

Honestly here's the truth, music is a matter of opinion a lot of it has rules and theory but after that is all up to you and how you convey it to the audience(who really matter) Go to youtube and check out Lamont Dozier, Marlena Shaw, Brenda Russell & Love unlimited orchestra as a way to find decent funky unheard of samples from there try to develope a style that is your own that isnt being used very much to make your signature sound. That's all I got for you Homie

Back