Rhythm Roulette Anyone??

No problem... thats why i posted it...

N yea they have a coupel where people arent even makin a beat just talkin...
-but i cant knock'em addin stuff to the sample...
But i agree that it should have been the way it started...
-blindfold... chop... do the best u can
Especially b/c a couple ppls wasnt that good.. so u should have to go thru the same thing...

don't get me wrong I respect the "hybrid" beatmaker (sample beatmaker/synth beatmaker) essentially sampling and keyboarding together....I respect any beatmaker...but like you said...given the fact the rules started out with chop what you can and put the beat together with the 3 records picked and chopped it should stay that way. Which obviously favors the "sample based" beatmaker... Handicaps are HUGE when getting 3 good records to 3 not so hot records...that is what makes it fun!

Either way this series is still so damn fun to watch.

Last edited:
no, no, no - I merged a different thread with the same name into this one as it was the same intent - your mods silently at work

Just n update
-coulda been better beat was good tho...
dnt kno why he used them tiny pc speakers when he got nice saiz monitors next to em but...

has anyone here ever seen secondhand sureshots? It's pretty much the same premise as rhythm roulette, the biggest difference is that one of the rules is that you cant anything other than whats on the records. This is most likely where Mass Appeal got the idea for rhythm roulette,the beat JRocc makes out of that Barbra Streisand record is :bigeyes: .....sample chopping 101

its a one time doc...its on dvd too.....i bought it hoping it would show the whole Jrocc beatmaking session but no dice, just a few extras and a second disc with all the beats on it

Back