Remixing a Song for the first time

Norge N/A

So im trying to remix any song, just to get some practice with remixing but the problem is i cant find acapellas, i've found some but they sound terrible, or maybe i'm just crazy but is their a way i can find better acapellas on a website or maybe a tutorial on cleaning acapellas for better results. Any suggestions welcomed

Here's a tip I heard, although I haven't tried it apparently it works well enough.
It is often possible to find 2 versions of a track, one with vocals, the other without vocals (the instrumental). Load each version into a DAW in a separate track, side-by-side so they are aligned and play at the same time. Then invert the phase of one of the tracks. The phase cancellation should leave only the vocals audible, since the instrumentals are removed by phase cancellation. Then render and sample those vocals however you wish...

search discogs for acapellas and you can find a lot of acapella either for download, on vinyl, cd or cassette. you could also try doing a search on google for acapellas .wav files. it can be tricky to find but there are some good websites out there.

Back