Remixing....

basixxx

I'm having issues......I'm trying to remix a jazz song that contains vocals. I have an ASR X PRO. What I'm doing is sampling the jazz song and then dropping my beat over it. I've tried to chop the sample but still have problems.

Can anybody give me some tips on how to do this??????I'm going nuts!

Make sure it loops good and lay your hats or metronome to see when it gets on beat i used to have the same prob

Pheroshuz said:
Make sure it loops good and lay your hats or metronome to see when it gets on beat i used to have the same prob
yea i think the timing of the loop itself may be a bit off try some time stretch i dont know if the asr series have it or not but its a good start if they do

Pheroshuz said:

Yeah, I've been using the metronome to time the sample.....I've been chopping the sample into 4 bar segments in order to make it fit. The ASR X does have time stretch, but it takes so f*ckin' long to perform the procedure. I just thought some 1 might have a different approach to doing this.

I'm trying to challange myself by doing this remixing sh*t instead of just makin' beats but this is a pain in the f*ckin' ass!

if u have an older version of recycle u can cheat like i do i do my time stretching and all that **** on the pc in soundforge then chop up everything in recycle and send it to the eps that way it works with the asr10/x as well

Xabiton said:
if u have an older version of recycle u can cheat like i do i do my time stretching and all that **** on the pc in soundforge then chop up everything in recycle and send it to the eps that way it works with the asr10/x as well

I don't have soundforge. I was always wonderin' why the f*ck people had it but now I can see why. Maybe I'll invest.

any audio editor with time stretch will do i just use soundforge get at Peter Q he can get u a good deal on Audition

basixxx said:

I don't have soundforge. I was always wonderin' why the f*ck people had it but now I can see why. Maybe I'll invest.

You can use Audacity to timestretch and do other wave editing. It's free and open source. Check it out.

With the asr-x you might want to try and pitch the sample to make it fit as well. I swear by the asr-x pro so I know you can do it!!!

lmao @ Peter Q

my Radio Production class' textbook contains a trial version of Adobe Audition

sonus said:

You can use Audacity to timestretch and do other wave editing. It's free and open source. Check it out.

I've tried to download it but my computer won't let me. Besides, the computer that I use for my music doesn't have internet access. I tried to download it on to a cd rom but it won't let me.

Good Lookin'

Scorpio1110 said:
With the asr-x you might want to try and pitch the sample to make it fit as well. I swear by the asr-x pro so I know you can do it!!!

I've tried the fine tuning, but for some reason I've never touched the pitch adjuster. I'll give it a try.

basixxx said:

I've tried to download it but my computer won't let me. Besides, the computer that I use for my music doesn't have internet access. I tried to download it on to a cd rom but it won't let me.

Good Lookin'

I hope that you tried downloading it and then, using your recording software of choice, tried burning it onto a blank CD-R.....

The link that I gave you is fine. I'm able to download it without a problem.

sonus said:

I hope that you tried downloading it and then, using your recording software of choice, tried burning it onto a blank CD-R.....

The link that I gave you is fine. I'm able to download it without a problem.

Like I said, the PC I use for my beats doesn't have internet access. Good Lookin' Out anyways.

Back