**** recycle and its >5 minute fagetry

I must admit I haven't read all the replies to this post, but whatever.

Personally FL Studio is the best thing that ever happened to my workflow. It has the audio-editor (Edison) built into the program. It takes me under a minute to chop up a standard 4 bar loop and drag it to the sampler FL Slicer (or which ever VST plugin sampler you might be using). This proces might take a little more than a minute if there are several parts of a song I need to chop, but not much.

The bottomline is this: with FL Studio I don't need to open up three f'ing programs just to chop up a sample. It's a huge interruption in workflow to a) trim the song down and convert to wave in ext. audio-editor, then b) chop it up in audacity and save either as a batch of wave-files or a rex-file, and c) open in plugin sampler in DAW.

Why go trough the trouble? It's not that I'm lazy, I just don't need my creativity blocked when I have an idea.

I don't even think the rex file format is anything to brag about nowadays. Yes, it saves bpm info (etc.) and slices in one file, but so does dragging your 'project' from au.-ed. Edison to the Slicer in FL Studio. So in that sense the rex format is actually a bit outdated, although, of course, very handy if one has to use ReCycle because their DAW is Reason/Record or something.

Furthermore, what puts the nail in the coffin is ReCycle's GUI. It's just unhandy to use. It's hard to make precise chops with. In comparison to Edison anyways, NOT in comparison to Audacity or Audition (etc.)!

That's all. :-)

PS: Sorry if these points already have been made another replier.

PPS: Regardless of what it might sound like, this isn't meant as a diss to ReCycle + Reason. I've heard so much dope music made with that combo. It's just a comment on how the workflow sample-wise isn't the best. Perhaps they should try making ReCycle a 'machine' (or whatever it's called in Reason...) that's built into Reason. Only thing is they would still have to make MP3 file support, >5 minute long file support, upgrade the GUI, and include more standard au.-ed. features, and... hey, wait a minute, perhaps this is a diss after all?!

ahaha 5 min fagetry lol. i have the same problem man i cant stand it, what do you use to edit the sample length? Ive been using record

Back