which record player should i get?

patrickman6

my friend and i are some pretty big diggers. and we both have some vinyl. but i would always go to his crib and use his record player. its some new age usb one. nothing too special. but i want a record player at my crib so i can upload samples whenever.

what is a good record player? i dont want to spend over 100 bucks on it. but i will if i need to.
what record player do you guys use?
also im looking at getting an older technics one. they are just cooler to me. or should i get a newer one? and is there anything else i need to be able to upload my samples straight to maschine? (others than cords)

---------- Post added 07-19-2012 at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-18-2012 at 04:45 PM ----------

hate to be annoying but i kinda want this answered.........Bump

I use Technics sl-1210 mk2's (the black 1200's).

For listening/sampling purposes you could simply get an older hifi tt, like an old Technics or pretty much any other brand (I take it that you didn't mean a 1200 by "an older Technics one" as the second hand price is usually at least triple your target budget). You will need to get a new needle to it unless you know that it has been in use and the needle has been replaced recently. You would also need a phono preamp. You can get them for around $30-$50 (use Google). Or you could get an older stereo system preamp that has a phono input. Then you would need RCA cables ending in whatever your computer's audio input is (most likely a 1/8 inch stereo plug if you haven't bought an audio interface).

Back