Reason 4.0

GeniusTheAnimal

Hey all,

Recently copped Reason 4.0, although all my production history up until now has been FL Studio based. Can anybody recommend some good blogs, YouTube vids, etc. that can get me acclimated with the interface and usage? Looking on how to either cut samples or load samples in, as well as compose my instrumentation and what not. Anything you have would be helpful!

For the help, check out a pretty good digital digging blog:

http://vinylfunksouldisco.blogspot.com/

Got some pretty chill stuff for the soul crowd.

i dont think reason allows you to slice samples, i think you'd need recycle for that other wise gotta cut em up yourself individually....

but what do i know?

yeah you'll need Recycle to chop up your samples, which then you export in .rx2 format, which you can then import into reason, using the Dr RexLoop module. you can then use say your midi keyboard to trigger these chopped samples. id probably just search around on youtube man, its how i got into it pretty much, check my myspace

myspace.com/detalproductions

You can use NN-XT (or 19) to slice, but its not visual. You can also do soundfonts in the NN-XT (Recycle also saves to soundfont)

i recently started using reason 4 to, but i just rewire it into fl

Hey all,

Recently copped Reason 4.0, although all my production history up until now has been FL Studio based. Can anybody recommend some good blogs, YouTube vids, etc. that can get me acclimated with the interface and usage? Looking on how to either cut samples or load samples in, as well as compose my instrumentation and what not. Anything you have would be helpful!

For the help, check out a pretty good digital digging blog:

http://vinylfunksouldisco.blogspot.com/

Got some pretty chill stuff for the soul crowd.
sorry dude but if you want to sample like fl you need to get Propellerhead Record, imo you just wasted alot of money when you can just rewire with fl.

Lol. Not like I paid for it... :rolleyes:

But I appreciate the tips so far fam. I started making beats in GarageBand, and when I switched to FL, I was lost as hell. Now I've been on FL so long, trying to learn Reason is like learning Japanese

Last edited:
Piracy would only be the assumed meaning behind the statement. The fact that I didn't pay for it could easily denote a gift from my wife, band present, school grant, etc.

One would also assume were it a gift this would be thusly stated, as opposed to simply saying they didn't pay for it. Not knowing the person, piracy is the first assumption given the likelihood.

One would also assume were it a gift this would be thusly stated, as opposed to simply saying they didn't pay for it. Not knowing the person, piracy is the first assumption given the likelihood.

Tis quite true. It could also be that said person in question is of a generally snarky nature and drew some modicum of entertainment through purposely misleading statements. Nonetheless, your argument still holds true on the argument of the likelihood of the assumption, particularly in the medium in which we communicate. Thus, I stand defeated good sir :cheers:

First you say you NEED Record, when you really don't
Then you say he wasted his money when he can just rewire to FL.
Can rewire a program you don't have to another program. It just lacked consistency.

Besides, there are tons of programs to chop AND slice in. Otherwise there would have never been any sampling in Reason before Record. Lately, I use Wavosaur.

actually buying record without having reason would be a waste of money. i had a beta copy of record and there is no way that i would rather have record over reason. it is a nice piece of software, but fl and reason is a way better combo than fl and record. if you had all three like i do then that would make sense to you. as for tutorials there are tons all over youtube. just search for exactly what you wanna do. using recycle is cut and dry. there are more reason tutorials on youtube than could possibly be listed here. just search for exactly what you want

Back